Certificates of Good Standing must be requested through the Eastern District of Missouri’s CM/ECF e-filing site. Counsel may only request a Certificate of Good Standing on his/her own behalf by logging in with a PACER username/password.
There is a $21.00 fee for the certificate, which can be paid by a valid credit or bank debit card.
The Eastern District of Missouri interprets “good standing” as an attorney who is generally admitted to the Eastern District of Missouri by fulfilling all requirements of becoming a member (see Local Rule 12.01 or Federal Rule 83), is current on all required attorney bar re-registrations, and has no current disciplinary actions or suspensions pending.
PROCEDURES FOR ATTORNEYS REQUESTING A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD STANDING
- Log in to CM/ECF: https://ecf.moed.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/login.pl
- Select “Civil” on the menu bar and then, under Certificates, select Request Certificates.
- Under Available Events, click on “Request Certificate of Good Standing” so that it populates in the box entitled “Selected Event”. Click Next.
- Follow the directions on the subsequent screens. If you do not know your Federal Bar Number, you can look it up using the Attorney Bar Search tool on our website. Payment is made by credit card or bank debit card (you will be prompted to re-enter your PACER password because you are completing a financial transaction).
- After entering payment information, you will be routed back to CM/ECF, where you must continue to click “Next” or “Submit” on all screens until you arrive at the “Notice of Electronic Filing” screen. An automatic email notification is sent to Clerk’s Office staff who will verify bar status and prepare the certificate.
- The certificate will be emailed to the requesting attorney’s primary email address that is on file with the court, usually within a few hours from the time the Clerk’s Office receives notification of the request
- Requests made after hours or on non-working days will be processed on the following business day.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 314-244-7900 and select 0 (zero) to speak with a deputy clerk.