Required Hardware & Software for Participation in CM/ECF
- A personal computer (PC clone with a Pentium Processor - at least 100MHz / Apple Macintosh)
- An Internet connection with a modem supporting a transfer rate of 56k
- Internet Explorer 7 or 8 and Firefox 3.5.x
- A PDF-compatible word processor like Macintosh or Windows-based versions of WordPerfect and Word
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher (Acrobat Writer is recommended for creating PDF documents)
- A scanner (optional) for imaging documents which do not exist in electronic format (Adobe Acrobat needed for scanner)
Recommended for Optimal Performance
- Pentium III or higher processor based PC with Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP
- Mac OSX (10.1) or Macintosh G3 or G4; System 9.2 (Classic)
- Minimum 40 MB Hard Drive
- space DSL, Cable Modem or T1
- Scanner: 10 pages per minute (ppm) and higher. Cost can run between $70 - $349
- Attorneys must be admitted to practice in the District, admitted pro hac vice, or serving as government attorneys exempt from membership pursuant to Local Rule 83-12.01. Attorneys participating in a Miscellaneous Case, MDL Case, or a case transferred from another federal court to this district court are also exempt from membership.
- An individual PACER Account - Required. The PACER Userame and Password serve as the attorney's signature for purposes of Fed. R. Civ. P. 11 for documents that are filed electronically .
- Attorneys must be granted e-filing access with the court through Attorney Admissions. For more information, see Preparing for NextGen